Email: Craig Zetley | Phone: 414-272-1424
Craig Zetley, an attorney and CPA, has been rated by fellow lawyers "as the number one attorney to see when clients are in trouble with the IRS." He is the founder and managing partner of Zetley Law Offices, S.C., a specialty law firm focusing on representation of individuals and corporations in disputes with taxing authorities. He is a recognized authority in the area of civil tax controversy, criminal tax defense, commercial and corporate litigation. Best Lawyers in America awarded him "Lawyer of the Year - 2013" for Milwaukee Litigation and Controversy - Tax.
Zetley enjoys a challenge. He represents corporations that owe million of dollars in taxes and individuals and businesses under audit by a taxing authority. He also represents clients when their CPAs do not have the attorney-client privilege and the criminal investigator knocks on the client's door. Zetley has saved millions of dollars in taxes for his clients.
In addition to his practice, Zetley is a recognized leader in the community and helped shape development in the City of Milwaukee. He was appointed to a three-year term as Chairman of the Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals by Mayor John Norquist and confirmed by the Milwaukee Common Council in January of 1998. He was reappointed by Mayor Tom Barrett and served as Chairman through 2008. As Chairman, Zetley and the Board cut red tape and processing time in half.
Zetley previously served on the board of the City Service Commission. Zetley also enjoys spending time with his wife Lisa, and children, Mikaela, Aaron, and David. His hobbies include biking, boating, skiing, and windsurfing.
Areas of practice
Admissions and licenses
- Wisconsin Bar, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court, 1987
- Certified Public Accountant, Wisconsin, 1982
Honors, activities, and publications
- AV® Preeminent™Peer Review RatingsSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers, 2005–2015
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009–2015
- Lawyer of the Year - 2013 Milwaukee Litigation and Controversy - Tax (Best Lawyer)
- Co-Chair, National Jewish Law Student Network, 1984
- Managing Editor, National Jewish Law Review, 1984–1985
- Co-Author: "IRS Tracks Down Non-Filing Lawyers," Wisconsin Lawyer, April 1994
- Member (1988–1997) and President (1992–1997), Milwaukee City Service Commission
- Member (1997) and President (1998–2008), Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals
- Senior Partner, Zetley Law Offices, S.C., 1989–present
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D., 1985
- Washington University, B.S.B.A., Accounting with honors, 1979
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fellow, Wisconsin Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants