Chelsea Brenegan is an associate attorney who concentrates her practice in the area of tax law. Brenegan joined the firm as an attorney after practicing in Colorado at the law office of Rachel K. Gillette, LLC where she focused primarily on tax and business law. There, she obtained positive results for her clients in their federal, state, and local tax matters. She has successfully advocated for her clients throughout all steps of the examination, appeal, and litigation process.
While in law school, Brenegan obtained a prestigious externship position with the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
When out of the office, Brenegan enjoys snowboarding, baking, reading, and playing the violin.
Areas of practice
Admissions and licenses
- Wisconsin Bar, 2014
- Colorado Bar, 2014
- U.S. Tax Court, 2014
Honors, activities, and publications
- William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competitor – Hong Kong, 2014
- Wisconsin Moot Court Board Member – National Tax Moot Court Coach, 2014
- Wisconsin Moot Court Member – National Tax Moot Court Competitor, 2013
- Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender and Society – Writer, 2012-2013
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteer, 2012-2014
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D., 2014
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.A., summa cum laude, 2011
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Wisconsin Young Lawyer’s Division
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association